Nola

Nola

Walking Home: A Traveler in the Alaskan Wilderness, a Journey into the Human Heart - Lynn Schooler Great stories of a fascinating area. I've been fixated on this coast since reading Jim King's book, and want to get there someday. What is very surprising is that the stories of shipwrecks and other accidents there are things I had heard so little of. I had only heard something vague about the earthquake and ensuing wave in Lituya Bay until just recently, in reading Alaska Ascents, I did find out details, but not as many as in this book. And I know one of the people that was involved in the plane flipping incident. Anyway, lots more stories, including the story of the author's adventures there. The only quibble I have with the book is that the voice, of the author telling his story through recounting his thoughts, seems a little awkward. I certainly don't remember my thoughts that well! And I would prefer the footnotes be in notes at the end, so they don't sound so much like someone trying to teach throughout the book.